|Cut the Rope|
Mac OS X
Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo eShop)
|Release||Cut the Rope: October 2010|
Cut the Rope: Holiday Gift: December 2010
Cut the Rope: Experiments: August 2011
Cut the Rope: Time Travel: April 2013
Cut the Rope 2: December 2013
Cut the Rope is a puzzle video game released by ZeptoLab. In it, the player must cut a series of ropes with their finger to feed a small creature named Om Nom a piece of candy. Once you have fed him the candy, the next level is unlocked. The game has been downloaded over 100 million times. The spin off games have also being released: Cut the Rope: Holiday Gift (2010), Cut the Rope: Experiments (2011), Cut the Rope: Time Travel (2013) Cut the Rope 2 (2013) and My Om Nom (2014 for Apple App Store and 2015 for Google Play Store).
In each level, the candy hangs by one or several of the titular ropes which the player must cut with a swipe of their finger using the device's touchscreen. Using various objects such as floating bubbles and bellows, the candy must also be manipulated around obstacles to get to Om Nom's mouth. Each level takes place in a box, Which there are different boxes, (such as the cardboard box, the fabric box and the foil box) More boxes will be added soon.
Each level pack introduces new challenges. Levels are scored with a zero to three star rating, Like Angry Birds. according to how many stars the player picked up, and a point score depending on the number of stars collected and the amount of time taken to complete the level. In-app purchases, such as "Superpowers" and "Hints", and "Magnets" make play easier.
|Game||Number of boxes||Levels per box||Total|
|Cut the Rope||15||25||375|
|Cut the Rope: Holiday Gift||1||25||25|
|Cut the Rope: Experiments||8||25||200|
|Cut the Rope: Time Travel||9||15||135|
|Cut the Rope 2||5||24||120|
New levels are added through updates.
- "Press Release: Research In Motion previews BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 at CES 2012". CrackBerry.com. 9 January 2012.
- "Behind the Scenes at Cut the Rope for HTML5." Cut The Rope. ZeptoLab. Web. 01 Apr. 2012. <http://www.cuttherope.ie/dev/>.
- "Cut the Rope Hits the Web via Internet Explorer 9". Mashable. 2012-01-10.
- Kuchera, Ben. "Cut the Rope on iOS combines physics, monsters, and candy".
- Leader, Bird. "Cut the Rope Experiments Superpowers Update Just Arrived". Rocket Pond. Archived from the original on 2012-09-22. Retrieved 2015-10-29.